CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Deadline: 10 March 2022
Sharq.Org invites Syrian women, from across geographical regions in Syria and the diaspora, and ethnic and religious background to join Collectiva Souriyat.
The inclusion of women’s experiences, skills and perspectives in peace building and political initiatives is essential to ensure the full and equitable representation of women at the societal and governmental levels.
With this in mind, Sharq.Org initiated Collectiva Souriyat with a dozen women in 2021, and is again inviting Syrian women to apply to participate in the initiative, which aims to enhance the understanding, capacity and interest of Syrian women in peacebuilding; support the development of a network of Syrian women from diverse backgrounds capable of collaborative and strategic participation in politics and peace building; and enhance understanding and acceptance of Syrian men and women of the value of women participation in politics and peacebuilding.
Women’s participation in politics and peacebuilding requires vision, long-term commitment, and sustainable strategic initiatives. The initiative, facilitated by Sharq.Org in collaboration with the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, includes elements of training, collaboration, digital communications, campaign development, and network building that underpin broader activities, designed based on lessons learned and knowledge exchanges.
Enhancing the role of Syrian women in peacebuilding and decision-making demands that we reflect on their reality during the years of conflict, and the long history of their social marginalisation as reinforced by political authorities.
- Members of the Collectiva do not receive financial remuneration for their time or work. The Collectiva does however have a budget to implement activities, publish media campaigns and organise workshops.
- The Collectiva communicates primarily in Arabic.
Time/ Location of Activities:
- Collectiva members meet for one hour every week for discussions and workshops, all members are expected to participate in at least half of the meetings between March and December 2022.
- The Collectiva members will together design peacebuilding activities and support their implementation within Syria.
Eligible applicants are:
- Syrian (not restricted to holders of Syrian ID, includes emotional identity)
- Aged 27 years or older
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in civil society / activism
- Be comfortable using the Internet and research tools
- Be fluent in spoken Arabic (ability to read/write in Arabic preferable)
This call is now closed and we are no longer receiving applications.